Rock Circus Home
Looking at Rocks (KS 1, 2 & 3)
• Modelling for rocks - what’s hidden inside and why?
• Rock detective - rocky clues to the past
• Space within - the porosity of rocks
• What was it like to be there - in the rocky world?
• Found in the ground: sorted!
• ‘Rockery 1’ - rock game
Sediments to sedimentary rock:-
Fossils (KS1, 2 & 3)
• Curious creatures
• Fossil or not?
• How could I become fossilised?
• Mary Anning: Mother of Palaeontology
• Running the fossilisation film backwards
• Trace fossils - burrows or borings
• Trail making
• What was it like to be there? - bringing a fossil to life
• Who ate the ammonite?
• Dig up the dinosaur
• Dinosaur death - did it die or was it killed?
• Dinosaur in the yard
• How to weigh a dinosaur
• Meeting of the dinosaurs - 100 million years ago
Fieldwork (KS1, 2 & 3)
Click here for more ideas